Saturday, March 5, 2011

Using Groups in Gmail to Make Your Life Better!

Gmail provides a number of tools to make your life easier. One of these tools is Groups. With groups you can assign different contacts to a group and when sending an email you can enter the group name rather than typing in each individual or sending an email to a large number of "extra individuals."

The process of creating and populating a group is fairly simple and explained well here (http://goo.gl/Qu9dj) so I won't repeat it. Or if you would prefer a video tutorial watch here (http://goo.gl/lr90g).

Here are a few ways that I use my contacts groups:


  • I have a group set up for each of my classes. That way I can send an email to my students very quickly to give them assignments, information, updates or anything else. 
  • I have a group set up for the teachers that have the freshman class for study tables. This allows me to request students to visit me without overloading other teachers' emails. 
  • I also have groups set up for students that I work with in extracurricular activities for Lights-On activities, Key Club, Robotics, etc. Again it is a great time saver. 
If you have any questions or other ideas for Gmail tips you might be interested in just leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...